Tuesday, November 4, 2008

a month later...

lol. I can't believe it's been over a month since I posted! Well, here's the updates: We're finally starting to get settled in! Our front room, kitchen and bathroom are now pretty much organized and clean! Whee!!! Espen's room is still our storage unit but it's slowly emptying and being turned into a nursery. We got Casey's hand-me-down lazy boy in there, for late night nursing and stuff. The compy is in there too, I hope to move it to the front room. ..it may stay here though.

Halloween was pretty easy going for us. Casey had to work and I went to Todd and Brooke's for a Halloween Party. He claimed it wasn't a birthday party, but we all sang and wished him happy birthday anyways. Casey spray painted a pumpking and put a face on it for his pumpkin painting contest at work. We call it Krylon, 'cause of the paint! We got another pumpkin from the community garden by my parents house and it was decorative until a couple nights ago. We cut it up, roasted the seed and steamed the pumpkin! Last night, I made a pumpkin pie from fresh pumpkin!!! I highly recommomend it!

I'm FINALLY starting to get a baby bump! It only took 27 weeks to get there. I'm quite proud of my bump. If Espen is kicking hard enough, you can see my tummy move too! Casey is finally able to feel her move too. He loves feeling her kick. It's like this thing that we've been told has been growing in me is ACTUALLY there!!! Most of the time I don't "feel" pregnant, aside from being sick. Although, it's getting harder to bend over and I'm eating like a horse! I guess I must be preggers! lol. Tomorrow I have to do the 3-hour glucose tolerance test. My blood sugar was too high after the one hour test, so now I have to do the three hour test. I'm not looking forward to it. I have to fast from midnight till the next morning. Normally, that's not a problem. This pregnancy, however, has made fasting impossible for me. I get really sick in the mornings if I don't have anything to eat right away. oh well, I'll do anything for this little wormie. I love her.

Work is progressing. I've moved from being the receptionist to the Graphic Artist/Retoucher. FINALLY! I was really getting weary of my job. But, the wait was worth it. I really do like retouching and designing stuff. I'm hoping to keep the job after Espen is born too. It'll be great!

1 comment:

Newell and Julienne Fam said...

Hey Rachel and Cassie,
Glad to see you have a blog. Too bad about the glucose testing, it stinks! I had to always do the 3 hour one, until I refused in my 3rd pregnancy and didn't get it for Mason's, since I had him with a midwife. It is actually a stupid test and made me sicker for a while. They still can test the blood sugar with the pee on strips, so the test is really unecessary. The dr's are just concerned about overweight babies and all, but it really never makes any difference. Anyway, I am strongly opinionated on the issue. Cute girl name. Are you going to be at the Palmer Thanksgiving? We are. Love us