Friday, November 21, 2008

Bored....out.....of.....my......brains.......

My brains are turning to mush....I need a new book to read. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I had something to say a few days ago but now I can't think of what it is...hummmm....

Well, Working in the lab at work has it's good side and it's bad side. The good thing is, I'm now doing something that I want to. I get to retouch pictures and design stuff. With my latest project done ( Banners for the South Towne Mall). I am just left with retouching pictures. I am working full time, more if I'd get paid for it, and working nearly with out a break. Seriously, my boss would have me there day and night if he could. I fell a little behind in my work but overall I'm staying on top of things. The bad side is I can't get a moment's peace to FINISH my work. There are like 3-4 things daily that pop up must be done NOW! When I worked the front desk, I very very very rarely made the lab do last minute projects. Now, I'm getting them frequently. What's the deal? Oh well, I guess it's just job security, right? I'm happy about it! :D

Espen is growing up a storm! I swear she was running a marathone earlier today and she was dancing this evening. I can hardly wait to meet her! Sure, I've been carrying her for 29 (almost 30) weeks now, but I still know nothing about her! Like, does she like hot chocolate as much as I do? Does she like our kitten? Is she allergic to them? How does she feel about our frogs eating our fish? Does she like my singing voice, or would she rather me put on a CD of lullaby's? Oh well, 10 1/2 weeks to go and I can start discovering those things. In the mean time, I'll do things I enjoy and hopefully, she'll love them too!

Being preggers is interesting. First of all, I never thought I'd get pregnant. (I was going to adopt...pht! just kidding...lol) My tummy is starting to get bigger, I can't even suck it in anymore. I cause traffic jams in the hallways at work! I'm hungry all the time, thirsty all the time and I'm getting regular heart burn (which I heard means she's going to have tons of hair!XD) Even though I'm nearing the finish line and I'm ready to turn this oven off, I'm still getting sick regularly. At least 2 times a week I need stay within close proximity to the bathroom in case I have to be sick. It's mostly interesting how my thoughts have changed. I've gone from wondering what movies are coming out to wondering if I really got what it takes to go into labor and have a baby. I keep thinking perhaps I can just ignore the fact that I'm growing large with baby and maybe she'll just suddenly appear one day in my arms without all the pushing and pain and episiotomies.... I also wish I had someone close to me pregnant as well. Like a sister-in-law or close friend. Nope, it's just me. I can talk about being pregnant all the time but, nobody is experiencing it with me. Casey comes close but, I work all day and he works late and Espen's usually quieted down when he gets home. He's lucky if he even gets to feel her move.

I'm really excited for Thanksgiving this year. It's going to be with my mom's side of the family so that means there's going to be a lot of people there. There is going to be tons of food! Kids! Games! We're holding an auction to raise money to buy a pig for a family in a 3rd world country! Casey and I have decided we're going to auction off his Albino Clawed Frogs. The only requirement is that they have an aquarium with an air pump. We're ready to change our tank from a frog tank to a fish tank! That and they keep eating the fish we buy for it! We've gone through 3 neon tetras and 2 mixed fruit fish! So, hopefully, somebody wants some frogs, some kid will beg their mom or dad to let them get the frog!!!

Last week we switched them to our bigger aquarium with out a lid. We went to the grandparents and came home to discover we had only 2 frogs! One of them had disappeared! We looked all over and decided it had jumped out and then got drug off by a cat. Later that evening Casey found it, Izzy had been playing with it. Poor, poor froggie. Sure, we wanted to get rid of them but that's not how! We'd rather them go the way of the earth but... meh. Sadness.

Anyways, I hope all is well with whoever reads this!

4 comments:

Lillian said...

Hi Rachel! Reading your blog sure brings back memories of my pregnancy. I'm sorry you're still sick - no fun! I forget how lucky I was with Naomi. Of course, during my pregnancy we moved twice & Sam had brain surgery, so I don't think I would have made it if the pregnancy hadn't been easy... lol. Just remember, this is what our bodies are designed to do. And when you hold little Espen, it will all be worth it! PS, I was sure Naomi liked cheesecake before she was born, because every time I ate it she'd kick up a storm :)

Plaidlobster said...

I dont envy you, for sure! The thought of being pregnant would terrify me. Though... I really did want to have kids one day. So just be greatful you have a man who loves you and wants to be the father of your children. I don't have that anymore. I think you are going to have the cutest baby ever! I can't wait to see her! I wish you the best of luck, and I wish I could be there for ya not just virtually. If you ever need to talk or anything, i'm here for ya that way! Love you tons Rache!!!

Diamond in the Rough said...

Hi Rachel,

Did you read Time and Eternity? You can borrow my copy if you want. I thought it was pretty good. I'd be pregnant with you but my body just doesn't cooperate :)!!! Just kidding. Hope you are feeling good and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

ann said...

Later is better than never! I just found your blog tonight and have to say I loved seeing you at Thanksgiving! If you are still looking for something to read get The Hunger Games. Reilly, James and I loved it!!!

Hope you are feeling good, wish we could see you more! Ann