Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Happy Birthday E!!

Yep, it's that time of year again! E joined our family one year ago! She has grown so much! Sometimes, it's still hard for me to believe we have a baby! She is sooooo much fun and always so cheerful and funny. She has a sense of humor and I don't think she knows it. She is starting to talk, well make sounds. She started with mama then progressed to dada and baba and more. She's now expanded her repertoire with tete. I remember the first thing she started imitating was Casey blowing raspberries. That was fun at first, then we had to help her UN-learn it. Every once in a while she still does it and it's cute, but I have to remind her that it's not polite. She's walking now! Of course, she still prefers to move by crawling but, she will walk. She likes it when we tickle her sides. She loves to snuggle when she sleeps and she loves when we read to her at bedtime. She is so patient we we read the scriptures to her.

Her birthday was a lot of fun. We took her to California Pizza Kitchen and we had a Shrimp Scampi pizza, she didn't eat any shrimp though. (I'm going to try and imitate that pizza because it was really good.) We told them it was her birthday and they made her a hot fudge sundae, complete with a cherry and birthday candle on top! we sang her happy birthday and gave her her first taste of ice cream and fudge. She loved it, of course! I even gave her bits of cherry and found those bits in her diaper the next day! lol. Then we took her to Build a Bear and we made her a bunny dressed in pink and named it Princess Penelope. Then, because the pizza was so small, we went to walmart and got ingredients for french bread pizza and had more pizza at home. We also bought these little frozen molten lava cakes and man, I really would compare them to molten lava! I accidentally dumped mine off my plate and into my lap and it BURNED like crazy! OUCH! I survived and am no worse for wear. Overall, it was a lot of fun and I'm excited to see what the next year brings!!!!

No comments: