Monday, July 20, 2009

I swear it's not my fault!!!

So, lately I've had all sorts of problems baking. I normally have no problems at all! I don't know what it is! First, my bread wasn't cooking right. It was golden and delicious on the top and white on the part that was in the pans. Not only that, but the minute I took them out of the pans they sunk and were doughy! I've never had that problem before! I felt bad I ruined a batch of bread but decided next time I would turn the heat up, because obviously they weren't cooked enough, right? Well, I did that and the same thing happened only this time instead of being golden and delicious on top they were really brown...but still doughy inside!!! I can't tell you how frustrating it is to make such delicious bread for so long then have it fail several times in a row. Next I baked brownies......from a box. Same type of problem, crispy on the edges and gooey in the middle. I thought since I baked them in a stone wear dish maybe it just took longer since the pan was thicker. Well, my mom's birthday was on the 16th and I decided I was going to bake and decorate a cake for her. This is my result:



Okay, what's the deal!? I don't think it's me. It's got to be the oven.

2 comments:

Renna said...

Are you sure you're broiler isn't on instead?

maLyn said...

Oh no!I hate it when stuff like that happens. I'm sorry. But don't feel too bad. I have my unsuccessful cooking days too.