Monday, September 15, 2008

Meet Espen Love


We've been married now for what...21 weeks? that's about 5 months? Wow! Time sure flies! What has happened, you ask? We got married, honeymooned in Vegas for 4 days, came home and made our selves comfy with my parents. 5 weeks after our marriage, I noticed that things weren't running on schedule with my body. So, I took a test and it came back positive. Yep, I was pregnant! HOLY SMOKES!!! I did a double take! The chances of getting a false positive are well...umpossible. Impossible to the 10th degree. We both want kids, so we'll accept it and have fun and learn a grown!

Today we found out we have an Espen Love. Thank goodness it's an Espen. We couldn't agree on any boy names. We've tossed a few out here and there but either I liked them and he didn't or He liked em and I didn't. I never thought naming a baby would be quite a challenge. But, a name means a lot. Or, in our case, it should. Casey loves sports, right? Well, he watches ESPN all the time....and well, they had a competition...or rather a bet to see if anyone would name the kid after the sports network. Well, people did and the name Espen was born. Well, I like the sound of it so we're using it. Espen was or will be born out of love but that's not the meaning behind her middle name. Love is a family name on Casey's mothers side. Tammy's (casey's mom) Father's name is Ernest Love, so we're using for our daughter. Espen Love Hall, has a good ring to it, doesn't it? Espen has been a blessing in our lives. Even though she is small and been around only a short time, she has impacted our lives. Our love has grown immeasurably. And we've learned the sacred art of compromise!

Daily updates: We're looking for an apartment and we think we found one! It's close to the freeway, my parents, my work, Casey's work. Just an all around good location! It's a newer place and they don't all ANY smoking! Chica Magenta is allowed there too! Casey's been working hard refinishing a table that was given to us by some of my brother's relatives. It's going to look nice when it's finished! I learned how to cook Casey's favorite dish: Chicken A La King. It's very simple and delicious, if you want the recipe just ask. My mom and I are working on getting a dress finished for our friend Eliza's wedding. We've had to alter the pattern, which has been a challenge but, hopefully, it will look good when we're finished. Casey's working on putting together an internet TV show. I hope it works for him because it will be a good outlet for a lot of pent up energy. I've been working on starting my own photography business. Right now I've been doing a lot of pictures for free to just build up a portfolio. I need recent work. The good news is, I haven't lost my photography eye! I can still take good pictures! Yay! Anyways, it's late and chica's whining to go to bed. (Not really, she's just whining.) Good night yall!

2 comments:

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

Congratulations :) I'm just blogwalking and I must say your entry put a smile on my face.

Stay healthy and good luck for the coming trimesters. Have a nice day!

Alyson said...

Oh my GOSH!! My friend is Pregnant?? And I didn't KNOW it?? I'm SO excited for you two!!!! Wow. I didn't even know you had a blog. I found you through Shelye's blog. Leave it to Shelye to know everyone! Email me your mailing address as soon as you know it. timnalyaldrich@yahoo.com

Love, your B.F.F. (I still have that rock, ya know)
Alyson